The Institute is developing an educational curriculum of best practices of Island sustainability. Islands are on the front line of climate change and economic changes affecting the sustainability issues facing our planet.
We hope you are inspired by these presentations from our Youth Leadership Summits and Youth Leadership Community Initiatives.
- What is the challenge?
- What is innovative approach (s) that is being developed in your island community?
- What innovations in the world addressing this challenge?
- How are young people involved in addressing this challenge?
The Institute’s Sustainable Leadership Certificate includes the four pillars: Environmental, Social, Economic, and Cultural Vitality.
- How You Can Be The Change You Envision, Sarah Oktay, Nantucket Field Station
- Martha’s Vineyard Ocean Sustainability: Elise Quebec & Charlotte McCarron
- Windward Oahu – Leading the Way in Environmental Education: Serena Le, Jacqueline Noborikawa, Kimo Short, Celeste Yee
- Global Blue Sustainability Initiatives: Kimo Short
- Blue Initiative: Social Action: Fight Hunger and Food Insecurity: Tania duPont
- Zero-Waste and Sustainability Education: Elijah Anakalea-Buckley
- Straw Free MV: West Tisbury 7th Graders
MVYLI Emerging Leaders
- We All Want to Make It: Isabella El-Deiry
- My Journey as an Emerging Leader: Charlotte McCarron
- My Leadership Journey: Mary Ollen
SHYLI Emerging Leaders
- A Year of Exploration: Alex Siordia
- The Sustainable Journey: Trevor Tanaka
- From the Middle of the Pacific to the Ocean State: Makana Tavares
- Success Stories for a Changing Ocean: Elise Quebec
- Changing the Way We Think About Fresh Water on Islands: Emma de Brum, Lanai
- Beach Sustainability: Brooklyn Bradford & Adriana Sanches, Lanai
- Entrepreneurs Making Dreams Come True: Kassandra Castillo, Vieques
- Sustainable Island Economy: Marika Viragh
- Sustainability Overview: Global & Island Challenges & Opportunities: Alex Frost
- Sustainable Education Resolution: The Journey: Trevor Tanaka
- Ahupu’ua: Hawaiian Sustainable Development System: Lucy Gaceta
- Aquaponics: Sustainable Agriculture: Daniel Forsythe
- Lanai: Model for Sustainable Enterprise: Caroline Stuck
- Big Island Dairy: Going Green: Alex Siordia
- Energy Lab at Hawaii Prep Academy: Mickie Hirata
- The Science of Hydroponics: Sherry Anne Pancho & KaMele Sanchez
- Sustainable Agriculture: Kohala 2050 Plan: Kynan Kawai
- Sustainable Architecture: Allie Kitchens
- Sustainable Cultures, Makana Tavares
- Sustainable Environments: Manoa Johansen
- NELHA as a Learning Environment: Wainanae Traub
- Sustainable Vineyard 2020 Vision Project: Mary Ollen
- VYLI Sustainable Development 2020: Josue Cruz